Wednesday, June 1

Whitegrass, Silver linings and Goodbyes

It's been a while since I wrote here.
Life has been good to me, there has been so much positivity in 2022 - life changing I would say.

I met Cyril mid-January and things have never been the same then.
Yesterday we celebrated our milestones and birthday in Whitegrass, and hands down, the food was so so so delicious. The interiors by Takenouchi Webb were intricate, and it redefined the fine dining experience that I usually had. The first thing I noticed is the sense of smell being activated when each dish was served - I wonder how they do it, really! We were both very well taken care of by the GM, Wendy Lim.

At the end of the dinner, we took a bus back to The Sultan hotel.
And Cyril surprised me with a gift - a Japanese Book for Busy People - I'm supposed to master Hiragana by this week before travelling to Thailand and was surprised to receive such a thoughtful gift. I then laid down at the bed, resting for a while before taking a shower, and to my surprised again - he asked me to open the safe? for a second gift?! what? HAHA. I joked "It's not a cockroach, isn't it?"

He keyed in a four-digit password and I opened it. He bought me an iPad, whattttttt?!
I briefly mentioned that I would be getting one after returning my work iPad, so as to be able to continue sketching, learning to write Japanese etc. And here it is. I hugged him and started crying in his embrace?

I couldn't control my tears of joy, this feeling - it felt so familiar. I first felt it feeling my mom's affection - so fierce. For the first time, I felt that I am the luckiest girl on earth - dating and finding the right person is so so difficult, how and why on earth is he so sure of me? (I was talking to 8 guys at the time, french mostly - because Malan said that French are amazing lovers and I was so intrigued by Emily in Paris 2, they are open and honest, but most are looking for summer flings and casual relationships. The only person that I still kept in touch is Aufelien. I said no to the rest)

A westerner, someone completely different inside out. Someone emotionally, financially stable and mature. Isn't that what I wished for so badly? My prayers at the Erawan Shrine two years ago have been answered, similar to my wish on the Daruma Doll I bought - it is going to have a second eye soon.

I worked so so so hard for this, but got lost in the midst of my search, almost gave up but persisted in a shitty dating pool. When it happened it is effortless - just like what Cyril told me "sometimes you don't need options, you just need that one right person/one company to say yes to you". He told me dating is hard, and he didn't get many matches on Tinder. And that he is a complicated person, a perfectionist but I somewhat fit in the criteria he is looking for. Really?!

In the morning, the last few minutes before he entered the Departure Gate.
We went to watch the planes on the tarmac. Quietly we sat, held hands.
In front of us was the sun rising, putting a show over clouds.
And there was a specific one with a silver lining - something that I have never witness before. And it was beautiful.

"Wait for me" I said.
"I will see you in France in August, and then join you in Tokyo on October."

No comments: