Sunday, April 12

First Quarter of 2020

2019 was a roller coaster.
2020 a new beginning. Not. Hello Coronavirus Pandemic.

It's close to a week since the Circuit Breaker was implemented, and to be honest - it's driving me nuts. I was never an outdoor person at a young age; only after living abroad and away with my parents, I realized my longing to be in touch with Mother Nature (and why dad hates shopping malls and cities so much). Young Mingli before 22 loved wandering aimlessly in shopping malls, loved the vibrant lights in Kuala Lumpur, loved every designer brands. The Mingli now loves being under the sun, rustic living, simplicity and nomadic lifestyle. Viva la Vida.

Looking back I have come so far.
And time has proven that it is true that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
I am grateful that all unfortunate events opened my eyes and brought me to a brand new level.
And instead of being ashamed and embarrassed about what that happened, I am now able to embrace life in search of who I am. The people around me, whom I am so afraid of seeing their expressions after telling them what happened - turned out to be the most supportive. Surprised and shocked, still - but a sense of calm restored within me and gave me a peace of mind that I do not have to lie anymore. I have not told any relatives about this yet, but when the time comes I would. After all, who would want to live in a lie their whole lives?

I will never again tolerate and give in to what I do not wish to do.
And I will never again act against my sixth sense.

Thank god that my prayers I have been answered.
I got a new job as an FF&E designer at Miaja Design Group.
Of course, there are some serious financial problems faced by the company.
But its a good start, and a stepping stone for me.

HVRA been closed down end February too.
I definitely would miss all the horses over there which I have bonded with.
Especially riding with Papabear and late Legend; cuddly Luna who is now in Kota Tinggi and patient Mario who has now been retired at Cameron Highlands' Spelling Station. I'd say that throughout my riding days, the only horses that I'd trust will all my heart jumping and cantering with are Legend and Papabear. Papabear is a very forward horse, full of energy but felt quite light to ride on - unlike Havana, a mare who has way too much energy in her. And if I were to own a horse, deep down I know he would be the one.

I completed my O'Levels and First Aids Course in MEM.
And hopefully in future, if there is sufficient time I am able to take my Introductory Course as well.
Time spent in MEM was probably the most precious throughout my experience with horses.
The coaches were very patient with us, and I made a bunch of new friends all across Malaysia - Sal who took me for lunch every day. Farah, my dorm mate who make sure I was well taken care of. Dato' and Husref who answered my questions attentively (and even passed me Edric and Dr. Naoko's number), even fetched me to the Putrajaya ERL so that I could catch the plane on time. Temenggong (the royalties) were very generous as well, buying us ice cream, nasi lemak and laksa. And both the horses that Saiful and I have been taking care of: Anugerah and Birralee are very sweet to me.

Everyone who attended the course has so much passion for horses, and not only that, they are all welcoming and kind (despite our differences).

I also met Coach Faidz, who then, well - show his true colours to me later on after I left MEM.
Tbh, I was rather angry at him for Sharayu Pilai's fall. Which could be prevented and avoided.
Birralee galloped at full speed for two full rounds and she fell on her face.
And guess what, he told her to get on after a concussion.
He must be crazy!

Shaza wasn't being a tad bit helpful as well.
I ran to the office for water, for ice and for first aids kit (as a guest! what the hell)
And although they help lighten the mood, deep inside I know this is something serious and not to be messed up with. Seriously man, where da safety measures?! That night, I ordered DahMakan because I sensed something wrong with Faidz. Sixth sense told me it's just not right. I was given an extra lasagna by the Dah Makan driver and I was so grateful for the food he blessed me with.

While I was staying at #stableatas, I fell in love with sweet boy Nazir who love cuddles.
He was probably 17 hands tall but has a gentle soul. Every night I would steal Maverick's food and feed it to him. HAHA. And then there's Red, a mustang who's the grumpiest in MEM. He loves biting, a lot. But with a carrot in my mouth he'd let me groom him and pick his food. During my trail trekking uphill and downhill with Faidz he was not only brave but bombproof. Poor Clara spooks at almost everything! I met Reza on my last day at #stableatas, he helped me tack up Red. We also had a little chat after my trail - while I was showering Red. I got to groom Nazir as well, but as I was leading him back to his stall. He was overly excited and slipped! I'm so sorry Nazir boy :(
But instead of spooking and panicking, he was really brave - got up and walked back slowly into his stall.

Reza talked to me about the competitions he participated, the rules and Prep A B C D.
It's only RM70 for competition fees, and RM60 for leasing a horse!
Each contestant is allowed to participate in 3 competitions a day.
He also told me that Jindary is a professional and I should have lessons with her next time :)
For trails, it's best to go on weekends with Overa to the kebunnnnnnn.

I have always believed that horses bring people together, and it is so damn true :)
_______________________________________________________________________________

After returning to Singapore, I took at Gallop Stable - with Maria and Gaylin.
And hopefully, if all goes well - I am able to lease a horse (and find someone to share with!)
They are way too strict at the stable. Card Access? Seriously?!

Aside from that, things have been going well for me.
Wanyi introduced me to Lionel, her former colleague who is now an AIA Agent.
I signed up for investment and also a critical illness plan from AIA.

The book I have been reading - 48 Laws of Power has been helping me a lot on studying personalities traits of the people around me, and who I should be aware of.

I would also like to list down a few lucky incidents that have happened to me before I put a full stop to this post:-

1) $100 Airbnb Voucher for being a Superhost!
2) $8 Grab Voucher from a stranger whom I've given my earpiece to
3) Chia Seed from my former colleague, Rowling
4) My landlord that cooks and took good care of my tummy during the Circuit Breaker
5) My colleagues, Sev, Ruth and Larry who always that share food with me
6) Brand New Gap Attire giveaway for just $2
7) Spotted an Eames Chair replica from the dumpster, cleaned and sold it for $25
8) Blessing from a lady - Wood Grain Sticker for tabletops (XY and I do not have to get new tops!)
9) HPB $12 Redmart Voucher
10) While login into LHDN website, I realized that my status had been restored to "Bujang" instead of "Janda" or "Balu". Praise God for this. I assume JPN has done their job.
11) And lastly, still being employed through the Covid-19 Pandemic, and being able to WFH with Miaja Design Group instead of being dismissed (like those from the account dept. and MM)

No comments: